The MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences program is designed for individuals who hold national certification or wish to become certified in Molecular Biology.
GW’s online MSHS in Molecular Diagnostic Sciences is one of the few programs that provides students with both traditional coursework in molecular biology and biotechnology, as well as the hands-on clinical rotation experience required to prepare for ASCP Board Certification in Molecular Biology.
MSHS IN MOLECULAR DIAGNOSTIC SCIENCES HIGHLIGHTS
- Prepare for the ASCP Board of Certification Exam: Get one step closer to becoming board-certified in Molecular Biology. Upon graduation, you will possess all of the skills and experience necessary to register for the exam.
- Practice-Based Faculty: Learn from seasoned professionals within the field of laboratory sciences, including those who have conducted research concerning mycobacterium tuberculosis, diabetes, and biothreat agent characterization.
- Real-World Experience: Learn by doing in a hands-on clinical rotation that not only allows you to apply your knowledge, but also enables you to sit for the board of certification exam.
- No GRE Required: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences programs do not require a GRE for admissions.
- Flexibility and Convenience: With flexible online courses, you can fit your degree into your schedule.
Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
- Biotechnology or Government Research Associate
- Molecular Laboratory Scientist
- MLT/MLS Teaching positions
- Public Health Laboratory Scientist
The Office of Student Financial Services is committed to providing
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Students are required to complete a clinical laboratory rotation in their geographic location.
- Applicants should have National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria.