Master of Science in Health Sciences / Health Care Quality
The George Washington University
The George Washington University's (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers two online graduate programs in Health Care Quality: a Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS), and a Graduate Certificate.
Both online programs prepare students to lead the design, development, implementation and evaluation of health care quality and patient safety initiatives. Students will gain the skills and knowledge needed for success in quality and patient-safety leadership, management and research positions within health care organizations or policy agencies.
- Global Perspective: Gain multi-faceted skills needed in today's local markets and abroad.
- Extensive Networking Opportunities: Through online connections with our expert faculty, students gain access to the vast resources for health care and quality from the heart of policy in Washington, D.C.
- Practitioner Faculty: Learn from a faculty of industry practitioners and executive officials from across the health care field.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Focus on implementing quality and patient safety improvement initiatives; facilitating organizational change toward a quality-focused culture; translating national quality expectations into daily operations; evaluating processes and tools to measure, analyze, and interpret quality improvement data; and utilizing information technology systems to support quality assurance.
- Learning Environment of Excellence: Complete your two-year degree while learning the latest educational methods and technology to cultivate in scholarship, quality improvement, patient safety leadership and organizational change.
GW's online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Health Care Quality program consists of 36 credit hours and can be completed in two years. The graduate certificate program consists of 18 credit hours and can be completed in two years.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended.
- Recommendation letter(s).
- Statement of Purpose.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.