The George Washington University’s MSHS in Clinical Microbiology program curriculum provides eligibility for national certification examinations such as the ASCP Board of Certification Exam — a gold standard in global certification for medical laboratory professionals. Upon completion of this degree, students can build their career in a variety of settings, including diagnostic microbiology laboratories, research institutions, public health laboratories, biotechnology firms, pharmaceutical companies or governmental agencies.
MSHS IN CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY HIGHLIGHTS
- Prepare for the ASCP Board of Certification Exam: Get one step closer to becoming board-certified in clinical microbiology. Upon graduation, you will possess all of the skills and experience necessary to register for the exam.
- Practice-Based Faculty: Learn from seasoned professionals within the field of laboratory sciences, including those who have conducted research concerning mycobacterium tuberculosis, diabetes, and biothreat agent characterization.
- Real-World Experience: Learn by doing in a hands-on clinical rotation that not only allows you to apply your knowledge, but also enables you to sit for the board of certification exam.
- Employment Post-Graduation: Take your skills and conquer the job market. More than 95 percent of graduates secure a job in the field within six months of graduating.
- No GRE Required: The School of Medicine and Health Sciences programs do not require a GRE for admissions.
- Flexibility and Convenience: You lead a busy life. With flexible online courses, you can fit your degree into your schedule.
Graduates of this program gain the skills and experience necessary to pursue a variety of career options including:
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Applicants should have National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria.