The online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Biomedical Informatics is designed for professionals who want to lead at the intersection of data science, statistics and health care. The program prepares you to solve complex clinical and public health issues by harnessing the power of data analysis and information systems.
Upon completion, you'll be able to effectively apply data science principles and design solutions to support clinical decision-making, research and patient engagement in a variety of health care settings.
Why GW's MSHS in Biomedical Informatics?
- Innovative Curriculum: Learn cutting-edge methods for leveraging informatics tools and put them to use through a hands-on practicum
- Real-world Experience: Consult on current public health issues with data science and statistics students at medical facilities in the Washington D.C. area
- Flexible Capstone: Choose between a research project and an internship experience to complete your degree
- GPA of 3.0
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences, or a related science (e.g., Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology) from a regionally accredited institution
- National certification as a Technologist, Medical Technologist, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Sciences. Students with other certifications should contact the program office for eligibility criteria
- For international students, submit your official score of one of the following exams:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education