The health care industry is ever-changing, and the need for health information technology specialists is growing rapidly. The Milken Institute School of Public Health at the George Washington University is prepared to meet this increasing need for skilled executives with our online Master of Science in Management of Health Informatics and Analytics program, [email protected]
Graduates will be able to improve the efficiency of health care organizations and optimize technology to positively influence decision-making in the field. Designed for professionals with a minimum of three years of experience in health care, the program prepares students with the skills they need in entrepreneurial and business principles, leadership, project management and technology to become innovators in health care.
- Distinguished and well-connected faculty members foster professional relationships between students and health care organizations in Washington, D.C., and around the world. Also, GW’s large and active alumni network encourages mentorships, networking opportunities and professional development after graduation.
- GRE scores are not required for admission. Students must have at least three years of experience in health care, which prepares them to bring real health care challenges to the classroom, where they learn from and collaborate with fellow professionals. Graduates are eligible to sit for PMP® certification testing.
- The program is delivered online, which enables students to stay connected with their peers and engage with faculty no matter their location. Students attend two hands-on immersions on the Washington, D.C., campus, and they complete community-related capstone research projects.
- An undergraduate course in accounting and an introductory course in statistics.
- A minimum of three years of clinical or administrative experience in the health care sector.
- Current employment in a health care-related organization
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
Two campus visits that take place on GW’s campus in Washington, D.C. are required.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education