?The George Washington University's (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers two online programs in Clinical Research Administration: a Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS), and a Graduate Certificate.
GW's online Master of Science in Health Science (MSHS) in Clinical Research Administration program prepares students to lead the business and science of clinical research. Going beyond the business of clinical research, students learn how to lead complex, dynamic organizations by competitively scanning the environment through health care policy analysis and creating elements of a health care enterprise strategic business plan with the opportunity to choose aspects from their own workplace. In addition, students develop their own leadership style.
- Applied and Innovative Curriculum: GW's high-quality and innovative curriculum is aligned with the eight published Competency Domains for the Clinical Research Professional as identified by the Joint Task Force for Clinical Trial Competency (CoAPCR).1
- Diverse Student Body: From clinical research coordinators to medical writers, the program draws upon its diverse student body of professionals from different clinical research stakeholder job roles.
- Expanded Professional Network: Students have the opportunity to connect with GW's expanded network of professionals. Our practice-based graduate program faculty is comprised of exceptionally knowledgeable, seasoned clinical research professionals who are top drug development and policy experts.
- Real World Projects: Students put theory into practice by completing professional assignments such as developing a subject recruitment and retention plan, developing elements of a change management proposal, and developing an implementation plan for leading change in this evolving field.
- Strategic Leadership Emphasis: Students learn how to lead complex, dynamic organizations by competitively scanning the environment through health care policy analysis and creating elements of a health care enterprise strategic business plan with the opportunity to choose aspects from their own workplace.
The online MSHS program consists of 36 credit hours of clinical research courses and can be completed in 2 years.
- Core CRA Courses: 18 credit hours
- Strategic Leadership Courses: 9 credit hours
- Graduate Research Coursework: 6 credit hours
- Elective CRA Course: 3 credit hours
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended.
- Recommendation letter(s).
- Statement of Purpose.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education