Master of Science in Health Sciences / Clinical Research Administration
The George Washington University
The George Washington University's (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences offers two online programs in Clinical Research Administration: a Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS), and a Graduate Certificate.
GW's online Master of Science in Health Science (MSHS) in Clinical Research Administration program prepares students to lead the business and science of clinical research. Going beyond the business of clinical research, students learn how to lead complex, dynamic organizations by competitively scanning the environment through health care policy analysis and creating elements of a health care enterprise strategic business plan with the opportunity to choose aspects from their own workplace. In addition, students develop their own leadership style.
- Applied and Innovative Curriculum: GW's high-quality and innovative curriculum is aligned with the eight published Competency Domains for the Clinical Research Professional as identified by the Joint Task Force for Clinical Trial Competency (CoAPCR).1
- Diverse Student Body: From clinical research coordinators to medical writers, the program draws upon its diverse student body of professionals from different clinical research stakeholder job roles.
- Expanded Professional Network: Students have the opportunity to connect with GW's expanded network of professionals. Our practice-based graduate program faculty is comprised of exceptionally knowledgeable, seasoned clinical research professionals who are top drug development and policy experts.
- Real World Projects: Students put theory into practice by completing professional assignments such as developing a subject recruitment and retention plan, developing elements of a change management proposal, and developing an implementation plan for leading change in this evolving field.
- Strategic Leadership Emphasis: Students learn how to lead complex, dynamic organizations by competitively scanning the environment through health care policy analysis and creating elements of a health care enterprise strategic business plan with the opportunity to choose aspects from their own workplace.
The online MSHS program consists of 36 credit hours of clinical research courses and can be completed in 2 years.
- Core CRA Courses: 18 credit hours
- Strategic Leadership Courses: 9 credit hours
- Graduate Research Coursework: 6 credit hours
- Elective CRA Course: 3 credit hours
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended.
- Recommendation letter(s).
- Statement of Purpose.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.