Master of Arts in Education and Human Development in Interdisciplinary Secondary Transition Services
The online Master's in Interdisciplinary Secondary Transition Services is designed for passionate educators who are ready to take a step forward in their careers with a challenging, practice-based Master's degree.
The program meets the Transition Guideposts of the U.S. Department of Labor National Collaborative on Workforce & Disability for Youth (NCWD-Youth) and the CEC Advanced Knowledge and Skills Base for Transition Specialists (2008).
This nationally-recognized program provides critical knowledge and experience in the ever-emerging field of secondary transition based upon legislative requirements, research, and evidence-based practices. With a strong social justice focus, you are prepared to effectively lead quality transition programs and services for all youth with disabilities in various settings.
Why GW's Master's in Interdisciplinary Secondary Transition Services?
- Leadership Component: The program imbeds a "train-the-trainers" leadership component enabling you to be recognized by your organization as a transition leader.
- Interdisciplinary Interaction: Through interactions in the discussion forums and small group projects, you gain exposure to different viewpoints and refine critical analysis and communication skills.
- Applied Research: The program offers a curriculum that is driven by the most up-to-date, applied research by experts in the field and is responsive to a variety of transition outcomes.
- Diverse Student Body: Gain exposure to unique viewpoints and refine your critical analysis and communication skills with discussion forums and small group projects.
GW offers an online Graduate Certificate in Transition Special Education. In the online graduate certificate program, students will gain the required knowledge, skills and competencies to assist youth and young adults with disabilities as they transition to postsecondary opportunities.
GW's Graduate Certificate in Transition Special Education consists of 12-credit hours and can be completed in 1 year.
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$800.00
Out of State Rate:$800.00
Additional Fees :$632.50
Fees Overview :
- Matriculation Fee (one time): $395
- Registration Fee (per semester): $35
- Student Association Fee (per credit hour): $2.50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$31,832.50
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$31,832.50
International Students Accepted:Yes
Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution of higher learning or an international institution that is accredited by the country’s ministry of education or comparable governmental agency.
- Statement of Purpose
- Official transcripts
- Test scores (if applicable)
- Two letters of recommendation
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.