Graduate Certificate in Training & Educational Technology
The George Washington University
Direct Learning and Technology in Your Organization
The George Washington University's Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology provides professionals from a variety of backgrounds with the foundational knowledge and skills required to effectively lead organizations as they apply technology in their learning activities. The online educational technology certificate builds on your current leadership skills with knowledge and insights to integrate technology and lead instruction in classrooms and other learning areas.
Through applied coursework and active engagement with other professionals developing proficiencies in training and educational technology, you will develop a foundational knowledge of theories, principles, techniques and technology, as well as strategies for successful implementation.
In this completely online certificate program, you will have numerous opportunities to integrate your professional experiences into learning, apply your course assignments to your current professional activities, and actively engage with other professionals in the development of valued technology leadership proficiencies.
Training and Educational Technology Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in Training and Educational Technology consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
This certificate prepares you to be a more effective leader in educational technology with application across broad learning environments. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of instructional technology and e-learning, securing your ability to effectively develop and manage technology-rich instruction in your organization.
Students who complete the Training and Educational Technology Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional technology principles to the integration of technology into organizational learning activities.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively lead the design and development of effective technology-rich instruction.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, models, and tools of instructional technology and distance education (or e-learning).
- Demonstrate their capacity to successfully lead the integration of technology into organizational learning activities.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.