Graduate Certificate in Training & Educational Technology
Direct Learning and Technology in Your Organization
The George Washington University's Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology provides professionals from a variety of backgrounds with the foundational knowledge and skills required to effectively lead organizations as they apply technology in their learning activities. The online educational technology certificate builds on your current leadership skills with knowledge and insights to integrate technology and lead instruction in classrooms and other learning areas.
Through applied coursework and active engagement with other professionals developing proficiencies in training and educational technology, you will develop a foundational knowledge of theories, principles, techniques and technology, as well as strategies for successful implementation.
In this completely online certificate program, you will have numerous opportunities to integrate your professional experiences into learning, apply your course assignments to your current professional activities, and actively engage with other professionals in the development of valued technology leadership proficiencies.
Training and Educational Technology Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in Training and Educational Technology consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
This certificate prepares you to be a more effective leader in educational technology with application across broad learning environments. You will develop a comprehensive understanding of instructional technology and e-learning, securing your ability to effectively develop and manage technology-rich instruction in your organization.
Students who complete the Training and Educational Technology Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional technology principles to the integration of technology into organizational learning activities.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively lead the design and development of effective technology-rich instruction.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, models, and tools of instructional technology and distance education (or e-learning).
- Demonstrate their capacity to successfully lead the integration of technology into organizational learning activities.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$800.00
Out of State Rate:$800.00
Additional Fees :$545.00
Fees Overview :
- Matriculation Fee (one time): $395
- Registration Fee (per semester): $35
- Student Association Fee (per credit hour): $2.50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$14,945.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$14,945.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.