Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
The George Washington University
Bring Learning to Life with Multimedia
Strengthen your ability to create engaging and informative instructional materials using a diverse array of multimedia content with an online Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development from the George Washington University (GW). Offered entirely online, this certificate gives you comprehensive skills and knowledge of the various media available to you for educational purposes and how to utilize them effectively.
With the Certificate in Multimedia Development, you will gain a hands-on understanding of the theories, principles, techniques and technology that will help you to integrate reading, audio, video, imagery, interactivity and other multimedia content into your instructional projects.
Multimedia Development Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in Multimedia Development consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
This multimedia certificate provides you with a foundational knowledge of the different content solutions available and prepares you to plan, design, implement, evaluate and manage instructional design using multimedia.
Students who complete the Multimedia Development Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, design, and evaluate multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, technologies, and techniques that can be applied to the development of multimedia materials for instructional purposes.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates their knowledge, skills, and competency in multimedia development.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online multimedia design certificate, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.