Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
Bring Learning to Life with Multimedia
Strengthen your ability to create engaging and informative instructional materials using a diverse array of multimedia content with an online Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development from the George Washington University (GW). Offered entirely online, this certificate gives you comprehensive skills and knowledge of the various media available to you for educational purposes and how to utilize them effectively.
With the Certificate in Multimedia Development, you will gain a hands-on understanding of the theories, principles, techniques and technology that will help you to integrate reading, audio, video, imagery, interactivity and other multimedia content into your instructional projects.
Multimedia Development Certificate Curriculum
The Certificate in Multimedia Development consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
This multimedia certificate provides you with a foundational knowledge of the different content solutions available and prepares you to plan, design, implement, evaluate and manage instructional design using multimedia.
Students who complete the Multimedia Development Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan, design, and evaluate multimedia materials designed for instructional purposes.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, technologies, and techniques that can be applied to the development of multimedia materials for instructional purposes.
- Create a portfolio that demonstrates their knowledge, skills, and competency in multimedia development.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online multimedia design certificate, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,600.00
Out of State Rate:$1,600.00
Additional Fees :$545.00
Fees Overview :
- Matriculation Fee (one time): $395
- Registration Fee (per semester): $35
- Student Association Fee (per credit hour): $2.50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$29,345.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$29,345.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.