Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology
The George Washington University
Guide the Future of Learning
Gain the foundational knowledge and skills required to be an effective leader in an Educational Technology environment with a Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology from the George Washington University (GW).
Offered entirely online, this educational technology certificate is ideal for those who are already in leadership positions, but who lack formal instruction in educational technology, and those who aspire to become leaders in an Educational Technology environment. It gives you a comprehensive focus on software and hardware systems, their evaluation and strategic tools and techniques for successful implementation. It will prepare you to be a more effective leader in educational technology with application across broad learning environments.
Leadership in Educational Technology Certificate Curriculum:
The Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
GW's online certificate will prepare you with the foundational theories, principles, models, tools and understanding of educational technology to design policy and integrate the use of technology into your organization's learning practices. Applied coursework enables you to integrate coursework into your current professional activities and actively engage with other professionals developing learning programs.
Students who complete the Leadership in Educational Technology Certificate will:
- Apply foundational leadership principles & theories to learning activities in their work place.
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively lead the use and implementation of educational technology in a learning environment.
- Demonstrate and apply a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, models, tools, and techniques associated with leadership and policy making in Educational Technology.
- Demonstrate their capacity to successfully be a leader in an Educational Technology environment.
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Educational Technology, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.