Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
Transform Teaching in Your Organization
With a Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design from the George Washington University (GW), you'll develop foundational knowledge and skills to design and implement effective instruction.
This online certificate prepares you to lead instructional design from the beginning stages of defining your organization's learning needs to determining the appropriate instructional format to designing materials and implementing them. You will utilize theories, principles, models, tools, technology and experience gained through coursework to lead instructional design in diverse organizational settings.
Throughout this completely online certificate program, you will apply course assignments to your current professional activities and engage with other professionals in the development of key instructional design proficiencies. This will enable you to lead all phases of instructional design projects for your organization, including the application of fundamental principles, proficient planning, execution and ongoing management.
Instructional Design Certificate Curriculum:
The online Certificate in Instructional Design consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
Students who complete the Instructional Design Certificate will:
- Apply foundational instructional design principles to the design, development, and implementation of learning activities in their work place
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively lead the design of effective instruction through proficient planning, development, evaluation, and management
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of numerous theories, principles, models, tools, and techniques that can be applied to the systematic design of instruction
- Demonstrate their capacity to successfully lead all phases of an instructional design project
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design, we also offer an online Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$1,600.00
Out of State Rate:$1,600.00
Additional Fees :$545.00
Fees Overview :
- Matriculation Fee (one time): $395
- Registration Fee (per semester): $35
- Student Association Fee (per credit hour): $2.50
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$29,345.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$29,345.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.