Created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Health Care Quality was developed for patient safety and quality leaders to advance their career and meet the growing demand for patient-centered, quality-based care. Offered through the George Washington University's (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences', the online MSHS in Health Care Quality teaches students the skills to lead developments in healthcare quality while successfully navigating safety improvement challenges in local and global markets.
The Master's in Health Care Quality incorporates an interdisciplinary, practice-based curriculum to prepare individuals with healthcare experience for leadership roles in quality-based healthcare. Graduates of this program gain the knowledge and skills necessary to redefine quality care, including:
- Healthcare leadership and organizational change theories and principles
- Collaboration and safe practices within healthcare teams
- Risk assessment in patient safety systems
- Navigating environmental changes affecting the healthcare enterprise
- Health policy development, implementation and measurement
Why Students Choose GW's MSHS in Health Care Quality Program?
- Extensive Networking Opportunities: Through online connections with our expert faculty, students gain access to the vast resources for healthcare and quality from the heart of Washington, D.C.
- Practitioner Faculty: Learn from a faculty of experienced practitioners and administrators from across the healthcare field.
- Curriculum Developed by Industry Practitioners: GW's online MSHS in Health Care Quality, created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), prepares professionals with the evidence-based training necessary to meet global and national patient safety and quality goals.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Program courses focus on implementing quality and patient safety improvement initiatives; facilitating organizational change toward a quality-focused culture; translating national quality expectations into daily operations; evaluating processes and tools to measure, analyze, and interpret quality improvement data; and utilizing information technology systems to support quality assurance.
- Learning Environment of Excellence: This online graduate program uses the latest educational methods and technology to cultivate change in health administration, quality improvement, and patient safety leadership.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent