Graduate Certificate in Health Care Quality
The George Washington University
Created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), the online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) in Health Care Quality was developed for patient safety and quality leaders to advance their career and meet the growing demand for patient-centered, quality-based care. Offered through the George Washington University's (GW) School of Medicine and Health Sciences', the online MSHS in Health Care Quality teaches students the skills to lead developments in healthcare quality while successfully navigating safety improvement challenges in local and global markets.
The Master's in Health Care Quality incorporates an interdisciplinary, practice-based curriculum to prepare individuals with healthcare experience for leadership roles in quality-based healthcare. Graduates of this program gain the knowledge and skills necessary to redefine quality care, including:
- Healthcare leadership and organizational change theories and principles
- Collaboration and safe practices within healthcare teams
- Risk assessment in patient safety systems
- Navigating environmental changes affecting the healthcare enterprise
- Health policy development, implementation and measurement
Why Students Choose GW's MSHS in Health Care Quality Program?
- Extensive Networking Opportunities: Through online connections with our expert faculty, students gain access to the vast resources for healthcare and quality from the heart of Washington, D.C.
- Practitioner Faculty: Learn from a faculty of experienced practitioners and administrators from across the healthcare field.
- Curriculum Developed by Industry Practitioners: GW's online MSHS in Health Care Quality, created in partnership with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), prepares professionals with the evidence-based training necessary to meet global and national patient safety and quality goals.
- Rigorous Curriculum: Program courses focus on implementing quality and patient safety improvement initiatives; facilitating organizational change toward a quality-focused culture; translating national quality expectations into daily operations; evaluating processes and tools to measure, analyze, and interpret quality improvement data; and utilizing information technology systems to support quality assurance.
- Learning Environment of Excellence: This online graduate program uses the latest educational methods and technology to cultivate change in health administration, quality improvement, and patient safety leadership.
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Transcripts must be forwarded in their original sealed envelopes.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, describe your reasons for undertaking study in the Health Sciences at The George Washington University.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.