Graduate Certificate in E-Learning
The George Washington University
Lead the Way in Learning Innovation
Build on your expertise in educational technology with an online Graduate Certificate in E-Learning from the George Washington University (GW). This e-learning certificate provides you with the foundational knowledge and applicable skills needed to design and implement effective instructional systems for a distance learning environment. This certificate is ideal for those who are already involved in distance education or who have the desire to become involved in distance learning.
At GW, we have been innovating continuously in the field of distance learning for more than 25 years. We continue to build on this innovation with our online e-learning certificate program, which will prepare you to apply relevant theories, principles, models, tools and techniques to lead e-learning initiatives in diverse organizational settings.
E-Learning Certificate Curriculum:
The Certificate in E-Learning consists of 18-credit hours and can be completed in 1.5 years. Should you wish to pursue the Graduate Certificate, you can transfer credit hours into the Master's program.
Sample coursework includes: applying educational media and technology, developing multimedia materials, instructional design, critical issues in distance education, learning technologies and organizations and computer interface design for learning.
Upon completing the e-learning certificate with GW, you will:
- Demonstrate an ability to evaluate the effective use and implementation of e-learning materials
- Demonstrate an ability to effectively design, develop and implement successful e-learning materials
- Apply foundational e-learning principles & theories to learning activities in your work place
- Demonstrate the capacity to successfully design, develop and implement e-learning materials
Other Educational Technology Programs Offered:
In addition to our online Graduate Certificate in E-Learning, we also offer a Master's in Educational Technology Leadership and other online graduate certificates with a number of specializations within the field. These include:
- Graduate Certificate in Instructional Design
- Graduate Certificate in Integrating Technology into Education
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Multimedia Development
- Graduate Certificate in Training and Educational Technology
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Two (2) recommendations.
- Transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended, whether or not credit was earned, the program was completed, or the credit appears as transfer credit on another transcript. Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be uploaded to your online application. Official transcripts are required only of applicants who are offered admission.
- In an essay of 250 to 500 words, state your purpose in undertaking graduate study at The George Washington University, describing your academic objectives, research interests, and career plans.
- A resumé is required.
The George Washington University (GW) was founded in 1821 and is located in Washington, D.C., the heart of international law, health care and business. This location and close relationships with prominent health care agencies and their officials distinguish the opportunities GW provides to students. GW's legacy of preparing leaders who create positive change begins with connecting them to the leaders of today.
Washington, D.C., isn't just where the George Washington University (GW) is located; it's what distinguishes the connections and opportunities we provide.
Located at the hub of international science, health policy and business, GW links you to renowned experts and institutions in the field through our program faculty and industry collaborators. Our programs are designed around emerging fields in cooperation with leading agencies, such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and are led by active experts in the field. Connect with and learn from these authoritative health care leaders in programs on the forefront of industry trends.
GW's online programs are designed to give you immediate added value within your current organization while preparing you for advancement into more specialized roles upon completion. The flexible structure of an online degree allows you to maintain your personal and professional commitments while making prominent industry connections. Gain the knowledge and skills to create positive change in our ever-evolving health care system.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.