The George Washington University’s (GW) online Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration will prepare students to be strategic leaders who drive success for their health care and research organizations. Strengthen your career prospects while developing management skills for clinical research administration. All courses in the clinical research certificate program are transferable to the Masters in Clinical Research Administration.
GW’s high-quality and innovative curriculum is aligned with the eight published Competency Domains for the Clinical Research Professional as identified by the Joint Task Force for Clinical Trial Competency.
Eight competency domains:
1. Scientific Concepts and Research Design
2. Ethical and Participant Safety Considerations
3. Medicines Development and Regulation
4. Clinical Trials Operations (GCPs)
5. Study and Site Management
6. Data Management and Informatics
7. Leadership and Professionalism
8. Communication and Teamwork
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Administration program, students will:
- Demonstrate a solid grasp of the clinical, regulatory, and business requirements in the planning and conduct of a clinical trial.
- Integrate research design principles with scientific, medical, regulatory, and commercial requirements by creating clinical development plan sections to provide adequate benefit to risk assessments in the development of a new investigational product.
- Evaluate the importance of assuring data integrity in a clinical trial and the preparation of various clinical/regulatory documents through professional assignments such as quality checking a clinical study report.
- Formulate strategies to address ethical and cultural considerations for effective and compliant domestic or international clinical trial conduct, in relation to key areas such as human subjects’ protection, subject recruitment/retention, data integrity, and risk assessment.
% Online100% Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
The George Washington University is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Requires at least six months of clinical research professional or related experience