The online 36 credit Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy program is designed for licensed occupational therapists who hold a master's degree in any field. The program prepares you to explore new specializations, develop occupational therapy curriculum, and lead within the field through both teaching and practice. You'll graduate ready to apply critical thinking, analytic, and communication skills to resolve occupational performance issues; exhibit leadership in transdisciplinary teams, and contribute to evidence-based occupational therapy in post-acute settings.
Why GW's online Clinical Doctorate in Occupational Therapy?
- Individualized Attention: Experience a program with some of the lowest faculty-to-student ratio in the country
- Customizable Program: Choose from four specializations to gain the skills you need to meet your specific career goals
- Faculty Mentorship: Work with a faculty mentor throughout your coursework and your capstone project, where you will develop an occupational therapy program of your own
- A master's degree
- 3.0 GPA or above on a 4.0 scale
- Previous work experience
- Must be a licensed occupational therapist and have graduated from an accredited program
- A written personal statement
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Official transcripts from every college and university attended
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education