The online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences BSHS in Global Leadership in Disaster Response program was originally developed to recognize the work of special operations medics in the U.S. military. If you're a recent military professional, this program can provide a seamless transition from the field to a career in emergency management.
The program prepares you to lead in the most challenging situations by integrating principles of medicine, public health, and disaster response and recovery.
You'll graduate ready to develop, implement, and oversee risk mitigation strategies that help to lessen the impact of crises on populations locally, nationally, and globally.
Why GW's online BSHS in Global Leadership in Disaster Response?
- Practice-Based Faculty: You'll gain unparalleled insight from our instructors who have extensive experience in what it takes to succeed, even in the most challenging situations
- Leadership-Focused Curriculum: Jumpstart your career with a solid foundation of leadership-driven coursework to help you stand out in the job market
- Unique Perspective: Gain a practical perspective on bioterrorism, humanitarianism, and emergency management through a program design by a former member of Special Operations
The bachelor completion program requires 120 credits for completion, including transfer and major requirements.
- Must have 60 credits of transferable coursework
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Official transcript from every college and university you attended
- Resume (waived for military applicants)
- One letter of recommendation
- Statement of purpose
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education