The online Graduate Certificate in Nursing Informatics program from The College of Saint Scholastica is designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills required to effectively store, retrieve, manage, and transform patient data with the goal of positively affecting patient outcomes. Coursework focuses on making informatics usable by showing students how to apply best practices to systems and daily processes, and offers an in-depth study of:
- Computerized health information systems
- Data and knowledge management
- Process improvement and workflow redesign
- Human-computer interactions
- Privacy and security issues
- Current, active RN license, within a state or territory of the United States.
- BA/BS degree in nursing or BA/BS degree in a relevant field, from an accredited college or university.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 on required transcripts.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission