The PhD in Nursing Science provides advanced nursing knowledge, investigative abilities, and leadership skills necessary for high-level healthcare positions. Graduates can choose to pursue management positions in hospital, clinic, or classroom settings.
This online nursing administration degree shows potential employers that you have the ability to integrate nursing competencies along with other healthcare disciplines to research and solve problems, as well as mentor and teach other nurses. Students learn philosophical, ethical, and theoretical foundations to guide policy creation and evaluation.
Courses in this Nursing Science degree program examine topics such as:
- Policy, power, and politics
- Exploring scientific literature
- Clinical investigation in nursing
- Determinants of health
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a master's degree with a nursing major from a nationally accredited program and current, unencumbered US RN license or international equivalent
- Prerequisites include statistics, graduate-level research, and graduate-level theory courses.