The online Post-Master Certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner is for those with MSNs who want specialization in community health. Core classes include children’s health, health assessment, mental health, and pharmacotherapeutics. Several courses are punctuated by in-person skills labs at the main campus.
Upon completion of the program, you’re equipped to sit for the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification and American Nurses Credentialing Center's Family Nurse Practitioner exams.
% OnlineMostly Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent
- Must have a valid, unencumbered RN license, along with at least one year of RN experience
- Requires completion of an accredited MSN degree
- Requires BLS certification
- Additional certifications and course prerequisites may be required
- Includes occasional on-campus sessions for field experience or immersion work
Arizona, California, Louisiana, New York, Oregon, Washington