The mission of the Department of Administration of Justice at Texas Southern University is to educate students for careers and community service within a perse urban environment through the development of specialized knowledge and skills needed for effective public service. The Department strives to prepare students not only with facts and concepts, but also, more importantly, to think critically and ethically in applying knowledge to related problems and challenging situations.
The objectives of the Department of Administration of Justice are to prepare professionals and change agents to serve as future leaders at the local, state and national level as well as globally, provide students with an understanding of justice agencies in the United States, and prepare students to apply their knowledge of justice theories, research methods, and statistics to the administration and management of justice agencies.
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution
- Current employment in the field of criminal justice, social services, or related field
- An official transcript of all undergraduate course work
- A GPA in all undergraduate work of 2.50 or better or a GPA of 3.0 on the last 60 semester hours of undergraduate course work
- At least five years of significant experience in criminal justice, social services, or related field
- Personal statement essay
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current professional resume
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges