The master’s degree in Holistic Nursing from Tennessee State University provides students with perspectives on holistic philosophy, ancient healing traditions, complementary and alternative interventions, self-care, and self-healing to help meet patients’ healthcare needs. Students in this online nursing program gain the skills necessary to advance their practice to treat patients across the lifespan.
Nurses can pursue a wide range of possibilities after graduation, including aromatherapy, homeopathy, acupuncture, massage therapy, parish nursing, pastoral counseling, nurse coach, or therapist. This online program is designed for working Registered Nurses, with both part-time and full-time options available.
TSU’s Holistic Nursing master’s degree program:
- Emphasizes care of the whole human
- Examines the interaction of physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual, environmental, and other factors
- Focuses on patterns and causes of illness, not symptoms
- Views disease and suffering as opportunities for healing and growth
- Promotes health education, prevention, self-awareness, self-exploration, self-care, and self-responsibility
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Official College Transcript(s), Occupational License
- Must have a BSN degree from a NLNAC or CCNE accredited nursing program and a current RN license eligible for practice in Tennessee