SUNY Empire State College offers an online nursing administration degree, the Master of Science in Nursing Administration. If you are an RN with a BSN degree and want to advance your career, this degree can get you there. While you will not work one-on-one with patients as much after completion, you will have the opportunity to improve patient care on a broader level.
Combining business courses with healthcare courses, this program prepares students for leadership roles in nursing management in healthcare organizations or system-wide enterprise. Examples of courses include:
- Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practices
- Nursing Research and Evidence Based Practice
- Population Health, Human Diversity and Social Issues
- Innovative Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
Graduates are prepared to be agents of change, making the most of financial resources in healthcare organizations, improving health care policy, and ensuring the best possible patient care.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s), Resume/CV
- Requires completion of a BSN degree
- Must have an active, unencumbered RN license