The online Advanced Certificate in Social Studies Education program is designed for individuals planning to become certified teachers for the first time in grades 5-12 or in special education for grades 7-12. This program is designed primarily for those with master’s degrees who want to now begin teaching. The three options for certification are:
- Social Studies grades 7-12
- Social Studies grades 5 and 6
- Students with Disabilities Generalist (special education) grades 7-12
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- An academic major in the program discipline or equivalent (minimum 30 credits in the discipline).
- Statement of objectives
- Three letters of reference
- GRE or MAT exam scores
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education