Master of Science in Adult Health / Primary, Acute & Critical Care Nursing
Stony Brook University
The online MS in Adult Health / Primary, Acute & Critical Care Nursing degree program from Stony Brook University prepares nurses as expert providers of primary health care to young adults, adults, older adults, and their families across health care settings. The primary focus of the program is to prepare graduates to:
- Promote, maintain, supervise, and restore health
- Identify health risks
- Assess, diagnose, and manage acute and chronic illnesses common in primary care
Graduates are prepared to function as educators, leaders, consultants, advocates, and change agents in the field.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- Baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing
- Minimum of one year's recent relevant experience (preferred)
- Unofficial transcripts from all college/universities attended
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0
- Current professional Registered Nurse license
- Three letters of recommendation
- Three credit undergraduate course in Health Assessment
- Three credit undergraduate course in Statistics
Students can pursue a number of online opportunities at Stoney Brook University, ranging from nursing and health sciences programs to degrees in engineering and education. Most programs are delivered in asynchronous format, giving you the added flexibility to attend class on your time. Online learning support structures, such as online library resources and IT services, aid in studies.
The central mission of the online campus is to enhance learning for all students with standards framed by Quality Matters benchmarks and Open SUNY. Continued goals for online learning include:
- Quality improvement
- On-going orientation for students
- Growth of new programs
- Professional development of staff and faculty
Stony Brook was established in 1957 as a college for the preparation of secondary school teachers of mathematics and science. Today, the school houses 13 schools and colleges, providing more than 200 undergraduate programs, over 100 master’s programs, and 40 plus doctoral programs.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.