Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies / Middle Level Grades 4-8 Teacher Certification
Stephen F. Austin State University
The Middle Level Grades Online Completer Program provides students with the pedagogical and practical knowledge necessary to become an effective educator for students in grades 4-8. Teacher candidates can specialize in grades 4-8 math, English/language arts, or social studies. A 4-8 generalist certification that certifies teachers to teach the four core subjects in grades 4-8 is also available. Qualifying students can complete all required courses online in less than three years.
Priority is given to:
- Paraprofessionals or substitute teachers working full-time in schools.
- Students living 60 or more miles from campus.
- Full-time employment with commitments that do not allow for classes scheduled during the day.
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- GPA of 3.0 in 45 hours of approved, specified courses.
- Prior or current experience with children.
- Access to a 4-8 classroom for field experiences.
- Commitment to travel to SFA at least once per semester of a minimum of two days.
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer credits.
Stephen F. Austin State University has a strong tradition of excellence in higher education. We know that sometimes barriers such as geographic distance, employment schedules, and family obligations sometimes prevent students from coming to campus or attending scheduled classes. With more than 20 online degree programs, SFA ONLINE is one way that SFA is working to make higher education more accessible and to help you reach your academic, professional, and personal goals.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.