Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies / Early Childhood-6 Teacher Certification
Stephen F. Austin State University
The Department of Elementary Education at Stephen F. Austin State University is pleased to offer a program for students who seek the early childhood through sixth-grade certification for teaching and a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- people who are paraprofessionals (aides) in public schools
- Head Start teachers, assistant teachers, coordinators or curriculum specialists
- heads of household with dependents
- people who have full time jobs and cannot attend regular daytime classes
- primary care providers for family or other dependents
- distance from a university
- others with extenuating circumstances
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
- GPA of 3.0 in approved 45 hours of specified courses
- Prior or current experiences with children and access to an EC-6 classroom for field experience
- Commitment to four trips to Nacogdoches, Texas, to coincide with laboratory courses
This program is offered for TEXAS residents only.
Stephen F. Austin State University has a strong tradition of excellence in higher education. We know that sometimes barriers such as geographic distance, employment schedules, and family obligations sometimes prevent students from coming to campus or attending scheduled classes. With more than 20 online degree programs, SFA ONLINE is one way that SFA is working to make higher education more accessible and to help you reach your academic, professional, and personal goals.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.