SFCC offers the online AAS in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. Through classroom theory, laboratory practice and clinical application students learn to safely use ultrasound in the diagnosis of trauma and disease. Students are introduced to the vast opportunities in diagnostic medical sonography and achieve entry-level competency in the performance and evaluation of ultrasound examinations and procedures.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Patient Care and Health Care Communication
- Sonography Principles and Instrumentation
- Sonography Clinical Education
- Ultrasound Scanning Lab
- Seminar in Sonography
- Vascular Sonography
This degree program requires 80.5 credits and clinical rotations for completion.
- High school diploma or GED
- Placement testing (ACT, Compass, or ACCUPLACER scores taken within the last 3 years may waive this requirement)
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission