Stark State College offers the online AAB in Accounting. With online classes and flexible scheduling including day, and/or evening classes, students can complete an associate degree in accounting in as little as two years. You can easily transition to a bachelor’s degree program and then a career as a CPA.
- Health Administration: You’ll concentrate on essential accounting courses but also add knowledge about medical terminology, the basics of health care delivery systems, the complex world of reimbursements and insurance and the legal aspects of the medical profession.
- Computer Information: Get skilled in the most widely used software applications – including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and QuickBooks – and their accounting functions. Not only will you get a foundation in accounting theory and other business areas, you’ll graduate with a highly developed computer competency.
- Corporate: You’ll be ready for jobs in corporate accounting in financial information preparation, reporting and analysis or cost accounting; governmental accounting; nonprofit accounting; and accounting for partnerships or sole proprietorship.
- CPA: With this degree you’ll have many of the tools and skills necessary for a successful accounting career, and you’ll be familiar with the technical material on the CPA exam.
- Tax: Tax code changes are requiring more tax forms and knowledge than ever. You can fill the needs of businesses and certified public accounting firms for employees who have outstanding knowledge of accounting, business transactions and tax law – and are able to convert it into tax return preparation and tax savings.
This degree program requires 62-65 credits for completion.
- Official high school transcript or GED certificate and scores
- ACT scores (if taken in the last 2 years) or ACCUPLACER assessment
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission