Stanly Community College offers the online AAS in Accounting. This curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge and the skills necessary for employment and growth in the accounting profession. In addition to coursework in accounting principles, theories, and practice, students will study business law, finance, management, and economics. Related skills are developed through the study of communications, computer applications, financial analysis, critical thinking skills, and ethics.
- Effectively communicate in writing to accounting customers and co-workers.
- Use computerized accounting tools to prepare accounting reports.
- Analyze, summarize, and prepare managerial accounting reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare a financial statement.
- Analyze and then apply proper tax treatments.
- Official high school transcript
- Placement testing may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges