Stanly Community College offers the online AAS in Accounting. This curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge and the skills necessary for employment and growth in the accounting profession. In addition to coursework in accounting principles, theories, and practice, students will study business law, finance, management, and economics. Related skills are developed through the study of communications, computer applications, financial analysis, critical thinking skills, and ethics.
- Effectively communicate in writing to accounting customers and co-workers.
- Use computerized accounting tools to prepare accounting reports.
- Analyze, summarize, and prepare managerial accounting reports.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare a financial statement.
- Analyze and then apply proper tax treatments.
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationHigh School or Equivalent
Admission TestsPlacement Test
Official High School Transcript/GED Score
Alaska, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Wyoming, US Territories