Master of Science in Library & Information Science / Legal Information Professional
St. Johns University
The online Master of Science in Library and Information Science (M.S.L.I.S.) gives you the knowledge to analyze, evaluate and organize information effectively to enhance information delivery and become an information specialist in the industry and area of your choice. In this program accredited by the American Library Association (ALA), you will learn how to analyze, evaluate and organize information to enhance information delivery in your chosen specialty.
Develop a specialty through your choice of concentration in:
- Academic Librarianship
- Archival Studies
- Legal Information Professional
- Public Librarianship
- Special Librarianship
- Youth Services
St. John’s M.S. L.I.S. offers an E-portfolio and mentoring program to help students strengthen their ability to secure an advanced position in library sciences. Students can choose from seven unique concentrations of study, benefit from a strong alumni network, and are also eligible for the performance-based O’Connell Scholarship.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
American Library Association (ALA) Committee on Accreditation
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0
- Official transcripts from each institution attended
- Two letters of recommendation from professors, instructors, or persons with whom you have worked in a professional capacity
- Interview with the program director may be required
- Students having a GPA below 3.0 may receive a conditional acceptance, depending on work experience
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores required for applicants whose native language is not English
This program is not authorized for residents of: Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas, Minnesota, Oregon, and Wisconsin.
St. John's is a Catholic Vincentian University that prepares students for personal and professional success in today's global society. Based in New York City, it is a diverse institution with a globally focused curriculum. Founded in 1870, it today gives students the opportunity to learn from top-ranked programs aligned with industry standards and customizable to your career goals.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.