Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education
Southern New Hampshire University
Community health educators teach individuals how to attain and maintain a healthy lifestyle. In the online Bachelor of Science in Community Health Education program, you’ll explore the many functions and responsibilities of a community health educator and gain the skills and knowledge needed to be successful and effective in public health education.
The online BS in Community Health Education program aligns to the competencies defined by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing for Health Educator Specialists. The program will prepare you to sit for the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) examination, offered through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing.
Potential careers within the public health education field include:
- Community organizer
- Community health educator
- Health program manager
- Patient educator
- Public health educator
- Social and community service manager
- Social and human service assistant
- Wellness manager
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
School Website: Visit
Accreditation & Licensing
New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
- High school diploma or GED
- Official transcripts
At Southern New Hampshire University, your success is our mission. Since 1932, we’ve been relentlessly reinventing higher education and have gained national recognition for our dedication to helping students succeed. Tuition rates for Southern New Hampshire University’s online degree programs are among the lowest in the nation. For the fifth consecutive year, SNHU announced it will hold its tuition rates at 2012 levels.
SNHU also offers:
- Admission counselors to help you choose the degree that best supports your goals
- Your own dedicated academic advisor to provide the guidance and encouragement you need for academic success
- Dedicated career advisors, webinars, internships and more to prepare you to enter or advance in the workforce
- Instructors with real-world expertise in the fields they teach
- World-class student services, including an online bookstore, online library, tutoring and 24/7 tech support, all developed specifically with the busy adult learner in mind
96% of students surveyed across all programs would recommend SNHU to a friend.
This program has not been ranked.
School Video - Southern New Hampshire University
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.