The unique interdisciplinary BS in Environmental Studies online program gives you a foundation in essential environmental concepts with courses such as Ecological Principles and Field Methods, Environmental Ethics and Environmental Science Research Methods. Coursework features instructor-led labs using custom lab kits that are mailed to students to provide hands-on learning.
Upon completion of the online environmental science degree, you'll have the knowledge and skill set to:
- Utilize effective oral and written communication strategies in the construction, evaluation and presentation of solutions to environmental problems
- Analyze intersections of the human and natural world, drawing upon an understanding of the structure and functions of ecological systems and processes
- Propose practical solutions that address the complexity of environmental problems by employing interdisciplinary approaches
- Articulate a personal ethical framework that integrates environmental science concepts, principles and practical experiences
- Apply various technological and field-based methods to the study of the environment
- Design and execute projects that effectively integrate the scientific method using quantitative and qualitative research methods
A high school diploma or GED is required.
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education