Students gain a variety of capabilities and skills with a master’s degree in Computer Science from SMU. The Software Engineering track focuses on software testing, architecture, and design and quality assurance.
Courses in this online Computer Science degree cover the design, implementation, and evaluation of computer-based systems, processes, components, and programs. Students learn how to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics to software design and computing problems. Students can choose specialization electives from a wide range of available courses.
Electives available to students in the online Software Engineering degree program include:
- Software project planning and management
- Software security
- Object-oriented analysis and design
- Software acquisition, legal, and economic issues
- User interface design
- Software reliability and safety
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related discipline
- A reasonable level of mathematical maturity.