Students gain a variety of capabilities and skills with a master’s degree in Computer Science from SMU. The Theory of Computation specialization focuses on the various ways algorithms can be utilized in a Computer Science context.
Courses in this online Computer Science degree cover the design, implementation, and evaluation of computer-based systems, processes, components, and programs. Students learn how to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics to software design and computing problems. Students can choose specialization electives from a wide range of available courses.
Electives available to students pursuing this specialization include:
- Compiler construction
- Coding theory and applications
- Parallel and distributed processing
- Probability and statistics for scientists and engineers
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related discipline
- A reasonable level of mathematical maturity.