Students gain a variety of capabilities and skills with a master’s degree in Computer Science from SMU. The specialization in AI and Machine Learning focuses on principals and research topics in Artificial Intelligence and a number of Machine Learning techniques using Python.
Courses in this computer information systems master’s degree online cover the design, implementation, and evaluation of computer-based systems, processes, components, and programs. Students learn how to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics to software design and computing problems. Students can choose specialization electives from a wide range of available courses.
Electives available to AI and Machine Learning students include:
- Mobile applications for sensing and learning
- Knowledge-intensive problem solving
- Natural language processing and internet applications
- Advanced data mining
- Logic programming
% Online100% Online
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or closely related discipline
- A reasonable level of mathematical maturity.