SIU Carbondale offers the online Master of Health Informatics. This MHI is designed for individuals who have successfully completed an undergraduate program of study in healthcare management, business, information systems, information technology or management, or any closely related / equivalent field.
Sample of Program Courses:
- Legal and Ethical Fundamentals of Health Care
- Fundamentals of Health Care Systems
- Effective Healthcare Operations
- Health Information Exchange
- Consumer Informatics
Hospital managers, health information technicians, coding specialists, nurses, physicians, and anyone else seeking a graduate degree within health informatics or health information management are encouraged to enroll.
- GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework
- A bachelors degree in a related area
- Official transcripts
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission