Doctor of Nursing Practice / Nursing Education
Southern Adventist University
The online DNP / Nursing Education degree program from Southern Adventist University is a practical alternative to research-focused doctoral programs that prepares nurses and nurse practitioners for leadership roles in advance-practice settings. With an emphasis on advanced clinical practice, research application, and evaluation of practice and care-delivery models, coursework explores topics in:
- Health Promotion
- Technology in Education
- Nursing Curriculum Design
- Classroom Instruction and Evaluation
- Health Assessment
Degree Level: Doctorate
Delivery Format: Mostly Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Master’s degree: A master's in nursing from an accredited program
- Graduate GPA: A minimum cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0 Statistics course: An undergraduate or graduate course in statistics
- RN licensure: Current RN licensure in your state or location of residence
- Work experience: A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of work as a registered nurse or nurse practitioner
- Written statement
- Writing sample
- Acute-Care emphasis: Provide verification of your current advanced-practice certification and licensure and documentation of your acute-care skills set.
- It is an online program, primarily, that includes three short campus visits and may be taken on a full-time or part-time basis.
In 1892, Professor George Colcord and his wife, Ada, started Graysville Academy in Graysville, Tennessee, where 23 students enrolled that first year. In November 1897, the school's name was changed to Southern Industrial School, and in 1901, it was changed again to Southern Training School. After many expansions and name changes, the trustees voted to move the college toward university status in 1996. Later that year, they voted on a new name: Southern Adventist University, the same year that the first master's-level classes were offered.
Southern Adventist University offers a full range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in liberal arts subjects.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.