Southeastern Oklahoma State University first opened its doors to students on June 14, 1909, as Southeastern State Normal School. The original purpose of Southeastern was the education of teachers for the public schools of Oklahoma. The two-year graduates were awarded life teaching certificates. In 1921, the institution became a four-year college and was renamed Southeastern State Teachers College. The college continued to expand until it became Southeastern Oklahoma University in 1974.
SOSU offers bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the following schools:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- John Massey School of Business
- School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
- School of Graduate Studies
SOSU also offers a 100% online MBA degree.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission