At South University, you can prepare to join the next generation of nursing leaders with the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Specialization in Nurse Administrator degree program.
This MSN with a Specialization in Nurse Administrator program helps you to develop the knowledge, skills, and abilities that RNs need for leadership roles such as a Chief Nursing Officer, Director of Nursing, or Nurse Manager. The program’s curriculum equips you for a range of nursing administration work—including designing healthcare systems, making policy and financial decisions, promoting patient safety and quality care, and incorporating contemporary technology, practice, and ethics into healthcare.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (or be a pending graduate) from an accredited U.S. collegiate institution
- A CGPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 or at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours (or 90 quarter credits)
- Completion of a three semester credit hour undergraduate course (or equivalent) in statistics with a grade of C or better
- Completion of an undergraduate nursing research course or equivalent with a grade of C or better
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended
- A valid and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all US states or territory in which the student is licensed
- Meet the Core Performance Standards and essential function related to the profession of nursing
- Three references
- An essay (goal statement) of 1-2 pages (typed, double-spaced) explaining your career goals, reasons for your choice of specialization, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree in nursing
- A resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
South University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South University.