At South University, our Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) with a Specialization in Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner online program can equip you with the nursing skills and knowledge needed for health promotion and disease prevention with adult individuals and community populations.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing (or be a pending graduate) from an accredited U.S. collegiate institution
- A CGPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 or at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for the last 60 semester hours (or 90 quarter credits) undertaken of undergraduate nursing courses completed
- Completion of a three semester credit hour undergraduate course (or equivalent) in statistics with a grade of C or better
- Completion of an undergraduate nursing research course or equivalent with a grade of C or better
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended
- A valid and unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all US states or territory in which the studentis licensed
- Meet the Core Performance Standards and essential function related to the profession of nursing
- Three references
- An essay (goal statement) of 1-2 pages (typed, double-spaced) explaining your career goals, reasons for your choice of specialization, and why you want to pursue an advanced degree in nursing
- A resume describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
South University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South University.