The DNP online program combines online coursework with field experiences in which you work with a qualified mentor to lead change in a local clinical organization. As an online DNP student, you can specialize in Administration, Information Technology, Leadership, or Public Health. You’ll also develop and present a scholarly capstone project exploring a clinical question of your choice. As a whole, this curriculum prepares you for collaborating in the development of future healthcare systems and influencing the next generation of nursing professionals.
- Completion of a master’s degree in nursing (or be a pending graduate) from an acceptable accredited collegiate institution and a CGPA of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Official documentation of the actual number of verified clinical hours completed during the master’s program of study
- Completion of a three semester credit hour undergraduate or graduate course (or equivalent) in statistics with a grade of C (undergraduate)/B (graduate) or better
- Completion of a three semester credit hour graduate nursing research course (or equivalent) with a grade of B or better
- Submission of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- A valid unencumbered license as a registered nurse in all U.S. states or territory in which the student is licensed
- Meet Core Performance Standards for nursing professionals
- Interview with Chair/Program Director or designated faculty for campus based students
- Three references
- An essay (i.e. goal statement) explaining career goals, reasons for your choice of program electives, and reasons to pursue a doctor of nursing practice degree
- A resume or curriculum vitae describing relevant work, professional, and volunteer experiences
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
South University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South University.