Widely regarded as being a disciplined and rigorous field of study, Accounting offers those ambitious students interested in pursuing it a unique advantage: It is needed in nearly all businesses and industries, worldwide.
If you’re interested in becoming a Certified Public Accountant or serious about the field of Accounting, South University’s Accounting BS to MS program is a dual-degree program that awards graduates both the Bachelor of Science in Accounting and the Master of Science in Accounting degrees. And depending on your state, may also qualify you to sit for your state’s Certified Public Accounting (CPA) Examination.
This intensive, online accounting program consists of both undergraduate and graduate level coursework focusing on:
- Provide proof of high school graduation as recognized by the state of residence on the date the degree was earned or the equivalent (e.g., GED)
- Submit a minimum combined SAT score of 900, a combined ACT score of 19, or a satisfactory score on the University-administered admissions examination
- South University accepts the International Baccalaureate Program diploma as meeting the requirement for high school graduation
To progress to the graduate phase of the program, students must meet the following criteria:
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.7 or better on a 4.0 scale
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a CGPA of 2.7 or better on a 4.0 scale during the applicant’s last 60 semester or 90 quarter hours earned on the bachelor’s degree or subsequent graduate work
- An earned undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum combined GMAT score of 400 or GRE score of 150 Verbal and 150 Reasoning
- An earned graduate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a scale of 4.0)
- Career resume
- A 1,000 word personal statement of academic and career goals highlighting interest in and readiness for this unique and challenging program
School Accreditation Statement
South University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of South University.