Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
South University offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN) completion degree program that is ideal for registered nurses who want to further their academic credentials. Graduates of the program gain preparation for clinical practice by completing required courses that focus on professional nursing, RN assessment principles, illness and disease management, legal and ethical issues, communicating and caring for a diverse society, teaching and learning concepts, leadership roles, and financial management practices.
The online RN to BSN degree program retains equal student learning outcomes to that of traditional on-campus counterparts. This degree program requires students to be motivated, be good problem solvers, know how to use technology, be organized, and demonstrate good writing skills.
Employment opportunities post-study include hospitals, private physician practices, community clinics and agencies, and research organizations.
See http://ge.southuniversity.edu/programoffering/5467 for program duration, tuition, fees, and other costs, median debt, federal salary data, alumni success, and other important info.
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$409.96
Out of State Rate:$409.96
Fees Overview :
Rates are an estimate, total costs may vary.
- Tuition (per semester): $4,612
- Graduation Fee (per term): $125
International Students Accepted:Yes
A total of 180 credits are required for the BSN, including transfer and major requirements. Nursing major curriculum: 90 credits (45 online; 45 transfer credits).
- Requires an associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited collegiate institution, or a diploma in nursing from an accredited institution, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of official transcripts from every college or university attended within 10 weeks after the initial start date).
- An unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the US state or territory in which the student completes all assignments for the program. (Note that military, federal and foreign educated nurses must meet this state requirement for nursing licensure). An unencumbered license must be maintained throughout the program.
- Meet the CORE Performance Standards and essential function related to the profession of nursing as described in this catalog.
- All general education prerequisites must be completed before the student takes any professional nursing courses beyond the 3000 level.
Accreditation & Licensing
Learn more about South University's accreditation and licensing here.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Not all online programs at South University are available to residents of all states including those who live in OR, TN, MA, WA, AL and DC.
The following state require students to complete specific course requirements in accordance with their state’s guidelines: Arkansas.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.