South Dakota State University offers an online Medical Lab Science degree for students to continue pursuing their interests in clinical laboratory sciences. The program provides a strong academic background in various topics including chemistry, hematology, molecular diagnostics, immunology, and more.
This is a bachelor completion program. A total of 120 credits are required, including transfer credits.
- Completion of an associate degree and certified as a CLT/MLT or equivalent
- Grade of “C” or “70%” minimum in all prerequisite courses
- Employed in a TJC/CAP/COLA/CLIA laboratory, capable of providing a multidisciplinary laboratory experience
- Statement of support from current laboratory employer
- Minimum of 2 years clinical laboratory experience
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission