Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania is designed to help students build the personal foundation for their nursing career and gain the knowledge and skills needed for advancement in clinical ladder programs and a base for graduate education. Students develop critical thinking skills for clinical decision-making, prepare to collaborate in multidisciplinary work, shift focus from care of individuals within a community to the health of a community, refine professional communication, and develop leadership skills. Coursework explores:
- Evidence-based decision making
- Diversity needs in the healthcare environment
- Using healthcare information systems to support clinical decision-making
- Using teaching-learning theory for patient education
- Partnered decision-making with patients, families, and other providers
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
Degree completion requires a minimum of 120 credits, including transfer credits.
- Online curriculum: 39 credits
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Must hold an RN associate or diploma degree in Nursing
- Must hold current RN licensure
- Completed 63 or more credits
- Have a 2.5 or higher RN degree GPA
Slippery Rock University opened its doors March 26, 1889, as Slippery Rock State Normal School with the primary purpose of training teachers. In 1926, the institution was purchased by the Commonwealth, renamed Slippery Rock State Teachers College, became a four-year teachers college, and continued the tradition of teacher training. Slippery Rock State College was established in 1960 and for the first time, could award undergraduate and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and in the professions. Expanded curricular offerings and an increased number of degree programs created an appreciable rise in enrollment. It was granted university status in 1983.
Today, Slippery Rock University is a four-year, public, coeducational, comprehensive university offering a broad array of undergraduate and select graduate programs from the following colleges:
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Health, Environment and Science
- College of Liberal Arts
Many graduate programs are available online, as well as a few undergraduate degrees.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.