Whether you are a working professional looking to advance your career, or a traditional student continuing your studies, you can earn your online Master of Arts in Criminal Justice in 12-18 months at Slippery Rock University. Taught exclusively by faculty members who hold doctorates in Criminal Justice, this program is geared towards graduate students in the Western Pennsylvania region. However, with a well-established online curriculum, it is equally accessible to anyone seeking a master’s and who desires to learn more about the three branches of the justice system: law enforcement, courts and corrections.
Slippery Rock offers three distinct tracks for its MA in Criminal Justice:
- Thesis option: You choose to tackle an original research project whereby your thesis will be defended.
- Internship option: You gain valuable experience working within an agency of the justice system, take cumulative exams and have one extra elective class in addition to the core curriculum.
- Standard option: Combining the core curriculum with two electives, you finish up your studies with comprehensive exams.
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Minimum of 2.75 cumulative GPA or higher in undergraduate major
- Official transcripts
- Statement of purpose/intent
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education