The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Simmons College allows students to earn their MSN degrees while continuing to provide care and help patients in their communities. Graduates possess the solid knowledge base, comprehension, and clinical expertise required to:
- Initiate and manage patients' treatment plans
- Provide diagnoses and prescribe medication
- Focus on disease prevention and health management
- Improve the lives of patients and their community through health promotion
- If applying to the graduate MSN program, a bachelor’s degree awarded by a regionally accredited U.S. college or institution.
- If applying to the RN to MSN program, a diploma or c ertificate from a hospital-based program, or an associate degree.
- Personal statement, written in one to two pages, that details your educational goals, current work experience, and motivations for becoming a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Transcripts from all academic institutions attended.
- Records must show that you have successfully completed a three-credit statistics course.
- U.S. Registered Nurse (R.N.) license.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- A three-day-long on-campus immersion program is required.
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education