Simmons College offers the online Certificate In Sports Nutrition. This certificate enables health and wellness experts to expand their area of practice. It combines nutrition with exercise knowledge and builds competence in personal training and fitness. Students come from a variety of backgrounds — like nutrition, exercise physiology, kinesiology, athletic training, sports medicine, biology, physical therapy and nursing.
The following courses make up the program:
- Exercise Assessment and Prescription
- Nutrition, Fitness and Wellness
- Consulting Nutrition Practice
- Sports Psychology
Students will be prepared for the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Health/Fitness Instructors Exam, graduate school and career opportunities.
- Must hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or equivalent
- Prerequisites in anatomy and nutrition completed within ten years of application
- Personal statement
- Letters of recommendation
- Official college transcripts from all institutions attended
School Accreditation Statement
New England Commission of Higher Education